Jõhvi Concert Hall
The colourful history of Jõhvi Concert Hall dates back to the year 1491, when Jõhvi Manor with its historicist features stood on the spot of the modern Jõhvi Concert House. The manor buildings were surrounded by a spacious park, which can be found next to the concert house even today, reminding us of the former glory of the manor.
August 26, 1978 saw the completion of the culture palace October, designed by architect Rein-Mihhail Heiduk. It was situated where the main building of Jõhvi Manor used to be. A hobby centre and various independent groups started work in the building. The 800-seat hall hosted an active cultural programme. On November 11, 1993, the culture palace was renamed Jõhvi Concert House and continued operating under the administrative area of Jõhvi City.
In cooperation with the Estonian Ministry of Culture, Jõhvi City Government, the construction company AS FKSM (later YIT Ehitus AS) and RE Estonian Concert, the renovation of Jõhvi Cultural Centre began on October 6, 2004. As a result of a successful cooperation, Jõhvi Concert House opened its doors on October 8, 2005 under the management of Aivar Mäe, acting at the time as the Director of Estonian Concert. The architects of the concert house are Ra Luhse and Tanel Tuhal. Linda Madalik created the concert hall’s excellent acoustics. Cinema Amadeus, Jõhvi City Gallery, Jõhvi Music School, Jõhvi Hobby Centre and Café Noot reside in the building.
Jõhvi Concert House is an excellent choice for organising various events. Conferences, seminars, exhibitions, festive receptions, classical concerts, ballet performances, balls, rock concerts and many more in can be held at Jõhvi Concert Hall. Our customers prefer us because of the comfort we provide, our convenient location, great indoor opportunities, a spacious parking lot and diversity. We always try to find the best solutions for our customers and organise successful events!